Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

If you make the okra try this

Very southern but very good!
I did not make the whole recipe. I just improvised to try it.  So you could make as many or as few as you want!
Pickled Okra Sandwiches

EasyServes:
20 to 24 whole sandwiches.
 Ingredients
1 (24-ounce) loaf sliced white bread
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16-ounce) jar pickled okra
1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions
Remove crusts from bread. With a rolling pin, roll slices very thin. Coat each slice with cream cheese and place an okra spear in center; roll up. Spread a light coat of cream cheese on each rolled-up sandwich (I like to use my fingers to spread the cream cheese). Roll sandwich in finely chopped parsley. Cut in half, if desired.

3 comments:

  1. adorable - they look like little sushi rolls! so glad to have you out here in the blog-o-sphere. i'll be checking in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang , would these be good for a tailgate? How time consuming were they to make? sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura they are delish and I think perfect for a tailgate since they do not have to stay cool and are a finger food. Not very time consuming for me. I think you could spend as much (if you wanted to make them super pretty) or as little time as you wanted making them.

    ReplyDelete