Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Beach Trip part I

View from the balcony
Fall is my favorite time of the year to visit the beach.  The crowds are gone, the weather is cooler and the days are gorgeous.  My parents rented a place to stay for a couple of weeks and were so generous to ask us to visit.  So last week Tim and I took the Pomchildren to Camp Cano and drove down to spend the weekend with Cece and G-Daddy.  We had such a great time.  Most of our time was spent on the beach and eating wonderful, fresh seafood! 



Thursday we decided to try a place we had not previously been, Dewey Destin's.  Due to the ROWDY bunch inside, we were able to sit outside on the harbor.  It was so nice to relax, catch up and enjoy the views!


Smoked Tuna dip= Delish

 Cece and I took morning walks and reminisced all time we spent growing up on the island.  We saw where our condo once was.  Sad to see that nothing has been built since it was destroyed in a hurricane.    Okaloosa Island really is a beautiful place and we are so fortunate to have been able to spend so much time there!



The old road sign for our condo @ Coquina


One morning on our walk, Mama and I were able to walk onto a bay front lot and enjoy the views of Choctawhatchee Bay. 

 


 I found a couple of images on Google of Coquina Isle when it was still thriving.  I have not seen pictures of it in years and these bring back such fun memories!


Friday the beach was unbelievably pretty.  Unfortunately after 2 hours of being in the sun Tim had the most insane sunburn on his chest! To say he was not observant while spraying his sunscreen is an understatement. I begged him to let me take his picture but was denied! Needless to say that was the end of his sun bathing.


Sunset over Brooks Bridge and no I was not driving while taking this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment