Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Zucchini Ribbons!


I came across this recipe Tues and thought this week was a perfect opportunity to try while Tim"s out of town. Since this was a "test drive", I only made half of the recipe.  At first I was put off that the peeler I used did not make long, flowing zucchini ribbons.  But after finishing the recipe I decided I rather liked the spaghetti feel of my "ribbons".  I also added shallots to the sauce and did not even use any pasta noodles.   I picked cherry tomatoes and basil from the garden to garnish and wahlah an awesome meal!  Next time I am craving pasta maybe this is what I will make instead.  I used very little of the sauce so not only is it yummy but good for you too!  The leftovers I ate last night were just as good!

Zucchini Noodles with Parmesan Sauce
12 small zucchini
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper
Sauce
10 garlic cloves, pressed
2 T. olive oil
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup fresh, grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
With potato peeler create long, wide zucchini ribbons by starting at the top of each zucchini and peeling down the length of it.
Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil and ribbons. Saute for approx. 2-3 minutes; do not overcook. Salt and pepper to taste.

In a saucepan, saute the pressed garlic in olive oil. Add the whipping cream, turn the heat to high, and sir until it begins to boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes; Add the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over the noodles and serve.


End product=delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment