Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If you like Boursin Cheese...

I tried this recipe recently to take over to our friends, Richie and Tamra's for dinner.  I LOVE Boursin but it has gotten increasingly more expensive, so I just couldn't resist trying this recipe.
This cheese is a close approximation to actual Boursin, and significantly cheaper to serve!
This cheese is awesome. While it is certainly not Boursin, if you're not familiar with Boursin you wouldn't know that. I was happy with the end result...it is a perfectly acceptable imposter. This cheese is good!  I will be making this again, especially since those little rounds of Boursin have gotten so expensive lately...
Fake Boursin Cheese Spread
8oz Softened Butter
2 8oz Cream Cheese
2 Garlic Cloves minced
½ tsp Salt
1 Tbl Sp Oregano
½ tsp Pepper
½ tsp Thyme
½ tsp Marjoram
½ tsp Dill
½ tsp Basil


Blend in mixer butter and cream cheese.  Add spices and mix well.  Make a day ahead if possible
As usual, I did not completely follow the recipe.  I did not have any Marjoram so I did not add that.  But I did have scallions, regular chives and garlic chives in the garden, so I threw a handful in to the mixture.  The "Boursin" was better the next day but even better after a couple days in the refrigerator!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment