Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 16, 2010

More Zucchini

Zucchini Boats

Despite the fact that I have never really liked cherry tomatoes, I planted them this year.  And man have they produced!  It took me awhile but I have finally found several recipes that are great with the cherry tomatoes. 
Just cut a zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottom so it sits still in a baking dish.  Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon.  Brush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.   Arrange halved  tomatoes into the grooves, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Remove and place diced fontina or mozzarella in between the tomatoes, place them back in, but now under the broiler til golden and bubbling.  Remove and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of grated parmesan. Can garnish with julienned basil.  I think you could add crushed red pepper flakes for a kick! It is very easy and oh so good!

3 comments:

  1. Dang! I need to make these! You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonder if it would be good w/out bread crumbs??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi I used very little Panko so I think you could skip them all together if you do not enjoy a crumb!

    ReplyDelete