Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And again....

 

Okay I know yall are thinking  I must be obsessed with zucchini.  But up until the past couple of weeks, I have really not eaten it very often.  I would say on average I eat zucchini a couple of times a year!  But I have founfd these great recipes.  We are leaving for the beach today so last night I was cleaning out the fridge.  I realized I still had zucchini left from the "boats" I made last week.  What a better way to use them than try a new recipe. So here you go:

Ingredients
  • 3 whole Zucchinis
  • 1 pinch Salt
  • 1 cup Unbleached All-purpose Flour
  • ⅔ cups Of Your Favorite Tomato Sauce
  • 1 whole Large Ball Of Fresh Mozzarella
  • 1 whole Handful Of Basil Leaves, Chopped
  • ¾ cups Finely Grated Parmesan
  • Olive Oil, For Frying (about 1/4 Inch Up Your Skillet)
Preparation Instructions
Slice the zucchini into about 1/3” discs. Sprinkle slices with a small pinch of coarse salt on each side.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Lightly dredge the zucchini slices in the flour.
Heat 1/4C of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When a pinch of flour sizzles on contact, add the zucchini slices in a single layer, turn the heat to medium-high and cook for about one and a half minutes on each side or until dark golden brown. Drain the zucchini on paper towels and repeat in batches until all of your zucchini is cooked, adding more oil as necessary.
In a 13” x 9” baking dish (or cast iron skillet), arrange as many slices of zucchini as can fit snugly in a single layer. Top each slice with a small spoonful of tomato sauce, a few small pieces of torn mozzarella, a bit of basil and a dusting of parmesan. Continue the layers, evenly distributing all the ingredients, until everything is used up.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melting and bubbling and the house smells divine.

SO, SO good and easy!  I ate it without pasta  but it would be great with pasta! 

No comments:

Post a Comment