Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Creamy Cheddar Soup

This is a Paula Deen recipe, I found years ago when we still lived in Auburn.  Since Big T and I virtually do not eat anything the other eats, I love it when I find simple/easy dishes that are satisfying and yummy! This is a great comfort food!


Creamy Cheddar Soup

1 small onion, diced

  • 2 large pimentos, diced
  • 3 tablespoons butter ( I use Earth Balance soy)
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (of course you could use chicken as she does)
  • 1 1/2 cups cream (I have tried to substitute soy milk and unfortunately it is just not the same)
  • 3/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 1/2 cup green onions
  • Salt and black pepper
  • Dash cayenne pepper, optional
  • Suggested Serving: your favorite bread or croutons

Directions

In a saucepan, saute onion and pimentos in butter for 5 to 7 minutes. Blend in flour. Add stock and cream. Cook until thick. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add 1/4 cup green onions, salt and pepper, to taste, and cayenne if desired. Garnish with remaining green onions.  Enjoy!!







P.S.  I really do not eat/ cook that many soups. So it is hilarious that it seems soup is all I have posted lately. We have always called G-Daddy "The Soup Nazi."  I guess I can call myself the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment