Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 27, 2012

Summer Squash Soup



Ingredients:
Chopped yellow squash, flesh only, 3 cups
1 Cup Vegetable Stock or Chicken if you prefer
1/4 C cream
1 clove garlic (I always use more)
Olive oil, 1 tsp
Chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste

 Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, sauté onions and garlic. I prefer to caramelize more than a light saute.   Add the chopped squash,  broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let it stand, until it cools down. Blend soup in a food processor or use emulsion blender.  Try to remove all  lumps. Return soup to saucepan (if you used blender), and  reheat on low. Serve warm, swirl in the cream before serving. Garnish with thyme.



Very quick and easy recipe.  But I will admit, it was not my favorite.  I will always share recipes I try.  Despite what I may think because not everyone likes the same thing.  If you like squash and want an easy recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment