Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 17, 2011

Soccer 2011

This spring I drove to Auburn for one of Spence's last soccer games.  Before I arrived, he told me he was the best player on the team but I wanted to see for myself!  Other than getting distracted a couple times, he played great!  He was insistent on being the one player on his team to kick the ball in bounds EVERY time.  I am not sure the Coach fully appreciated that but it was entertaining!  I enjoyed cheering for him!  He is still young enough that it does not embarass him that you are there and he tells you how glad he is you came to see him!   That stage does not last long!  We (Allison, John David, Spence and I) decided to go to lunch after the game.  I told Spence we were going to celebrate his win ( you know those Stoud boys have never lost a game ;)   ) .   He thought about that for a minute and then told me, "Mimi we do not do that!"  I explained that we were starting a new tradition.  He then wanted to know if I were bringing the entire team! Obviously  the idea of celebrating completely blew his mind! 

After lunch he and I went to Toomers Drugs.  We got his Big T some lemonade (how do you attend Auburn for 4 years and live there for 7 more and never had the lemonade).    Spence was amazed at the selection of Auburn things to choose from!  At one point I believe he had 6 items in his arms.  He chose an Auburn Slinky ( warped within 15minutes) and Auburn binoculars.


We ended our day by going to see the movie "Hop".  They loved it!  After playing ouside for a couple of hours, Spece was asleep within 5 minutes.  Definite sign of a great day!




Even the star has to take a break!


Victory dance



The poor Toomers Oaks not looking very well


The confusing celebratory lunch

The boys came downstairs in this attire for the movie!  Can you say Self chosen outfits?


No comments:

Post a Comment