Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 21, 2011

Garden 2011

This weekend  Big T and I decided to get a jump start on our gardening.  We had a random circle of monkey grass in our back yard behind the driveway.  It is not visible from the street so I thought this might be a good place to expand our garden.  Especially since Monkey grass kinda gives me the creeps since you never know what is lurking within!  So we have ripped up the monkey grass and officially have another garden! We wanted to diversify/grow our garden this year.  I wanted to branch out from herbs, tomatoes, and peppers. Every year is a learning process for me.  I still have bags of frozen jalapenos from last year so I will not be planting those again and the tomatillos were so out of control last year for very little growth, they will not be featured either. I wanted to try some things that we use OFTEN.  For this bed. we decided to go with romaine, potatoes, garlic, onion and shallots.  I plan to plant plum and cherry tomatoes, bell peppers by the house.  Possibly okra and zucchini or eggplant!  For some reason I can not get me herbs to grow as well here as I did when we lived in Auburn.  So I plan to grow the parsley and basil in containers so that they can be moved into or out of the sun as the summer progresses.  Here are a few pics of our garden progress we will keep you updated!


Garden "Helpers"

No comments:

Post a Comment